Books reuse committee
The Books Reuse Committee was established with a great deal of enthusiasm and effort in the 2008-09 academic year. The objectives of this Committee are to foster the rational consumption of school material for financial and environmental reasons, and in education, to promote the values of care, respect and maintenance of textbooks and in general of all the school’s shared assets.
The implementation of the system has improved every year. All students registered in the primary and secondary school are now included in the recycled book system.
The recycled books belong to the school, and it is the duty of parents:
- To ensure the books are cared for and used properly: Not to draw in the books, and repair those that are not in good condition.
- Cover books received without a cover, and write the student’s name and school year.
A fee is paid to use the books at the beginning of the year:
- This fee is established annually, depending on the cost of new books.
- New students pay a slightly higher fee (since they are not adding any books to the system).
- Penalty fees will apply for books that are not returned, returned books that are not covered, returned in poor condition or returned late.
The Book Reuse Committee thanks you for your co-operation, and provides an email for you to submit any incidents, questions or suggestions you may have: